Dynamite’s blackstrap molasses is a vital component in Dyna Spark for Horses and it’s an ingredient we are very proud to talk about! Here’s why: First, we begin with organic, mature sugarcane. Organic farming of the sugarcane ensures fewer environmental toxins, pesticides, etc… and waiting to process the cane until it is mature means that it contains more nutrients in the finished product.
Once the sugarcane is harvested, it undergoes a centuries-old process to transform into syrup, sugar, cane molasses and eventually blackstrap molasses.
- The process begins with the juice from the organic, mature, crushed sugarcane.
- It is gently boiled to evaporate some of the water, creating a thick, very sweet, high sugar-content “cane syrup.”
- Cane syrup can then be boiled down further, driving off enough water to concentrate and crystallize the sucrose in the syrup. These crystals are extracted as “raw sugar.”
- Once the raw sugar is removed, it leaves a bittersweet and mineral-rich syrup called “cane molasses” (the ingredient used in cookies). Cane molasses can be light or dark, depending on the specific degree to which it’s been concentrated, but it is all cane molasses and still contains a medium sugar content.
- With further boiling, cane molasses can then be concentrated even more, increasing the mineral content and decreasing the sugar content into “blackstrap molasses.”
Blackstrap molasses has a much lower sugar content and a much higher mineral content than cane molasses. Dynamite’s organic blackstrap molasses provides easily absorbed, body-ready nutrients, including: calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, copper, manganese, selenium, chromium, B-vitamins, protein and more!